Roll out this subtly sweet recipe for citrus shortbread cookies and cut into turkeys for an elegant finish to your Thanksgiving Dinner! Adults can enjoy with fresh pressed coffee and the little ones with cold milk after the turkey has been cleared.
Citrus Shortbread Cookies
- 1 pound Butter (cubed)
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- Zest of 2 Lemons, 2 Limes, & 2 Oranges
- 2 tablespoons Orange Liquor
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream all ingredients except the flour.
- After the sugar has dissolved, add in flour.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shape(s) and bake until light golden brown.
For a chocolate twist, substitute 1/2 cup of Flour with Cocoa Powder. Enjoy!
Citrus Shortbread Cookies was last modified: December 17th, 2015 by